We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Community Warden

KCC Community Warden

for St Nicholas at Wade, Sarre, Acol and Manston

These areas are currently being covered within the Community Warden Team, contact is via number 07812786006.

** How your Community Warden can help you**

KCC Community Wardens are a non-confrontational uniformed presence and are available to support and reassure people in their communities.

They cannot promise to solve all your problems, but can listen, advise and signpost to the appropriate person or organisation that may be able to help.

*Wardens can advise and support people who have been, or who may become, the victims of scams and rogue traders.

*Wardens conduct welfare checks on behalf of other organisations or anyone who is concerned about a person living in their community. Often Wardens will refer to other agencies to get the support for people who are struggling with activities of daily living.

*Wardens support the lonely and socially isolated by befriending visits and giving support with accessing groups and clubs in the local community.

*Wardens can report low level anti-social behaviour such as fly tipping, vandalism, and offensive graffiti.

*Wardens can provide support with community groups, clubs and events.


*Wardens cannot tell people what to do and do not have any powers of enforcement, so therefore are unable to deal with issues such as illegal or inconsiderate parking and abandoned vehicles. These issues should be reported to Thanet District Council on 01843 577000, or via their website. Vehicles causing an obstruction should be reported to the police on 101.

*Crime related incidents need to be reported to the Police. In a situation where an offense is actively occurring and there is a risk to life or property, please call 999.

*If you need to report a non-emergency or pass on information to the Police, such as drug dealing or nuisance youths, please call 101.

You can also report incidents anonymously to Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111

*Dog owners who regularly allow their pets to foul in public areas can be reported online to Thanet District Council via their website. Your Warden can support you with doing this if necessary.